Spokane attorney Bill Hyslop has been nominated to serve as the next U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Washington. If confirmed, Hyslop would be returning to a familiar role. He previously served as U.S. Attorney from 1991 to 1993 under President George H.W. Bush.
Tom Clouse at the Spokesman-Review has the story.
The 13th Annual Federal Civil Trial Practice Seminar is scheduled for May 17, 2019, at the federal courthouse in Richland. As always, the agenda is packed with engaging topics. Judge Shea, Judge Mendoza and their staff attorneys will kick off the day with the ever-popular Cases and Rules Update. Other presentations include:
- Trios Bankruptcy: History in Our Backyard
- Navigating Peremptory Challenges in Federal and State Courts
- Ethical Concerns: Social Media and Marketing
- Ask the Judges Panel (featuring Circuit Judge Eric Miller, Senior Circuit Judge Richard Tallman, Senior District Judge Frem Nielsen, and moderator Erika Hartliep)
- Mediation: From Start to Finish
Registration is open through May 10. Click here for the agenda and registration form.